Thank you for considering volunteering.
PREP is fortunate to have so many parishioners who practice stewardship in giving their time and talent, returning to the Lord what He has given them. Listed below are opportunities to use your gifts on behalf of the children of St Joseph Parish. Please check the area(s) in which you’d like to help. The children will benefit and you will be blessed, too. The day and time of your commitment will coincide with your child’s PREP session, unless you prefer otherwise.
Our needs are as follows: at least two (2) adults in every classroom (co-catechists), at least one Lobby Monitor and Hall Monitor, and Office Helpers per session. Only during 5:00 sessions: child caregivers for the younger children of other volunteers. Some positions may already be filled, please check all positions you are interested in.
Please remember that if a position is needed your child(ren) will attend the session in which you volunteer.
Don’t hesitate to call 610 873-8798 or email PREP@stjosephrc.org with any questions.
Important Note: All parish volunteers who are 18 years of age and older and help with young people are required to have
- PA Child Abuse Background Check – must be renewed every 3 year https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis .
- PA Criminal Record Check – must be renewed every 3 years https://epatch.state.pa.us/.
- Disclosure Statement for Volunteers – signed and witnessed every 3 years if you have lived in Pennsylvania continuously for 10 or more years.
- Volunteers who have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for less than 10 years Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance. If you have NOT been a resident of Pennsylvania continuously for the last 10 years, register prior to going to the fingerprint site at https://uenroll.identogo.com/(SERVICE CODE for volunteers 1KG6ZJ). Volunteers who have been a resident of Pennsylvania for less than 10 years must renew their FBI Fingerprint clearance every three years until they reach 10 years of residency in Pennsylvania.
- Once the volunteer meets the 10 year residency requirement, they must complete a Disclosure Statement for Volunteers which must be submitted every three years.
- Safe Environment Part I: Protecting God’s Children Training Prior to training register at http://www.virtus.org/virtus/. There is no cost for the 2.5 hour class. After attending, bring completed form Standards of Ministerial Behavior (white copy) to Parish Offices.
- Information and Technology Addendum – If you attended the Protecting God’s Children Safe Environment Training before July 1, 2011, you will have to complete this training available online at http://childyouthprotection.org/index.php/staff-volunteers/required-training. A signed copy of the certificate must be in file in the parish office.
- Safe environment Part II: Mandatory Reporting of Suspected Child https://learning.childyouthprotection.org/login/index.php. For all staff and volunteers, the Mandated Reporter Training must be done through the Archdiocesan training on the website (or if you attended an Archdiocesan training session in 2011); any other training will be not be accepted. Print out certificated and return to Parish Offices.
- Volunteers who completed MR training before Feb 2015 Review MR Brochure http://childyouthprotection.org/docs/Mandated%20Reporting%201-2015.pdf. Sign Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement and return to Parish Offices
Please remember to keep a copy for yourself of all background checks, ministerial standards, certificates, etc.
See Safe Environment on the Parish Page for more information.
click here for printable version of Safe Environment Requirements