CYO Sports is one component of the parish’s comprehensive youth ministry program which enables the partnership of parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers, and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows youth to grow in their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic Faith.
Our mission is to:
- Employ healthy and enjoyable competition to promote the sharing of gospel values among athletes, parents and coaches.
- Assist parish leadership in nourishing the emotional, spiritual, social, and physical needs of young people.
- Encourage young people to appreciate the gifts that they possess, and challenges them to share these gifts with their community.
- Allow youth to witness the life of Christian Discipleship in their coaches and adult leaders.
- Encourage youth to become responsible members of their faith community.
In keeping with the CYO Mission, each participant is encouraged to donate their time to service projects and to attend a team mass each session.
Looking for CYO Spiritwear? Browse our store, and show your Hawk pride!